Sunday, June 17, 2012

June Creative Fun Day Recap


Rachel was the only other participant for Creative Fun Day and that actually worked well since it allowed us time to focus on our plans for our new project - the Kindness Co-op.   We are planning to create a craft / art booth where we can make items that we can sell to raise money for local organizations.  We hope to be able to set it up so that people can choose what they want to pay and where they want us to donate the money.  We can give a range of price options to help them decide what to pay and then give a choice of three local agencies and programs that their money can go toward.  We are calling it a “co-op” because we hope some other art and craft makers may want to join us and be part of the fun.

Rachel and I discussed different things we could make and came up with a good list and we will be trying to make a few of each item during the next couple of weeks.  We are looking at having our first booth at the Johnson City Farmer’s Market at the end of July or beginning of August.

After Rachel left to head off to the mountains, I still had a little creative time left and so I worked on some alcohol ink tiles.  I tried different techniques and some regular patterns.  I hope to seal these and then shatter some of them to turn into mosaic tile pieces.

Here are some pictures of my creations:








 (I think this last one is my favorite.)

 Hope you can join us for July’s Creative Fun Day which will be Saturday, July 21.

3 comments:

  1. I love the last 2!! I'm a little sad they will be bashed. I'm also very excited about all the upcoming adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not actually bash the last two (and a couple of others). I think with the extras I have from previous attempts, I won't need to smash them all (unless smashing them is so fun that I can's stop). :)
      ~Jil

      Delete
    2. I meant "can't" not "can's". :)
      Proofreading is a useful skill.

      Delete