Monday, January 21, 2013

January Creative Fun Day Re-cap



We had a great Creative Fun Day on Saturday.  We were able to meet in between the Thursday snowfall that shut down schools and colleges on Friday and the cold temperatures that are forecast for the start of the week.

Along with each individual project, everyone helped the others on their various projects and we all had lots of creative and fun conversations.

Here are some of the creative projects that came to life on Saturday.

Ginny beaded these bracelets…..
 To add to the ones she had already made.
Rachel made everyone happy by choosing to do some creative baking while she was with us.  She made these lime mini bundt-like cakes.  They were as delicious as they looked.  (Hopefully this will inspire others to bake and share at Creative Fun Day.  Hint – hint.)
Cherith collaged a beautiful notebook for a friend.


 She also participated in the group project which was making alcohol ink tiles.
Makenna joined us and made some tiles as well.
 
So did her sister Annika
Makenna also drew a great picture of Mickey Mouse. 
Laura stopped by to offer help and support and gave me some good ideas.  I worked on some small projects such as painting/staining these crates with water color ink.  I hope to use them for inspiration boxes.
I also made a new name button by covering an old pin back button with a lemon wedge strainer that I stained with alcohol inks.  I cut felt to make my name.
While everyone was working on alcohol ink tiles, I decided to try the new brush tip Sharpies I got for Christmas on one of the blank tiles.
 Hope you will be joining us in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment