Sunday, March 18, 2012

Creative Fun Day #3 Update

It was a great Creative Fun Day on Saturday.  Friday evening was the artist's reception for Brain's "I" View in Jonesborough.  It was a successful reception and I think all the artists that were there were all had a great time sharing their art and their stories.  It was a busy week getting ready and by Saturday, I was ready for a bit of random creative fun.

I used the first hours of the afternoon just sitting and being inspired by creative and craft websites and the latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.  I haven't taken time to do that in awhile so it was fun.  I got the idea to try to punch some cellophane paper shapes to put behind clear contact to make a floating design on the wall.   Punches and cellophane don't always mix.  I got some results when I combined paper with the cellophane, but getting true shapes was still a challenge.  Once I did attach them to the clear contact paper and put them on the wall, they looked pretty good. 
It is a nice start for a potentially bigger piece of wall art.

I also did a little bit of art journaling - first layers only.

Once this month's group of creatives arrive, it was definitely Cooperative Creative Fun Day as we all worked to help each other finish their various projects.  

Laura came to make some pillows and Sarah helped her by creating some of her beautiful flowers to add to one of the pillows.

What is Becky up to in these pictures? 
We all helped her with this project.......but we can't tell you what it is just yet
because it is for her top-secret Expo project!  
Come to the OT Expo on March 28 from 3-7 and find out what this is!

(Leah was being creative too - but we can't even show her project because it is also Expo related!)

Don't feel too bad if you missed this month's fun - you can come to next month's Creative Fun Day on April 21.

We hope you will join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment