Saturday, May 12, 2012

Treat Yo' Self

Today was the Around the Town Yard Sales and Farmer's Market in Jonesborough.  I met Rachel down there for a round of "Treat Yo' Self" - a new favorite phrase and concept that we got from the television show Parks and Recreation.  See this link here to understand this concept - Treat Yo' Self or this one Treat Yo' Self 2.  Since neither Rachel and I like to shop in regular stores, we decided to take the concept to the yard sales.

So here is what I found today.
These old comic books from the late 50s early 60s with names like "Teen Age Romance" - "Just Married" and "Confidential Diary". I think the collage and card potential for these pages should be outstanding.   I won't cut them until after I have read them though.  Think of what I will learn!

In the same lot as the comic books I found these old booklets.  The one on the left is an old song magazines and the set on the right are booklets that encourage children to look up different items in the encyclopedia.  I should be able to have a lot of fun with the images.

I also got this for one dollar:

I intend to use this in the kitchen which means the old one:
is just waiting for a creative new use!

Finally in true "Treat Yo' Self" fashion I spent $5 on this:
It is an old printer's case that has spent a lot of time in someone's barn or attic.  It needs a lot of work, but it seemed like something I might be able to have some fun with.  I might even try to figure out a way to combine some of the old images from the comic books with the various spaces.  I will post updates as ideas come to me.  If you have any ideas for any of these items, let me know in the comments section.   And remember next time you are at a yard or garage sale, you can always use these three little words - "Treat Yo' Self".


No comments:

Post a Comment